The IOWAccess Revolving Fund is used by the OCIO to create and provide a service to citizens of the state that will serve as a gateway for one-stop electronic access to governmental information, transactions, and services at state, county, or local levels. In support of this role, the fund supports the development of electronic projects.
Who can request support from IOWAccess?
The following are guidelines for reviewing requests:
- The request must be made by a State of Iowa, county, or local government agency.
- The request must meet the mission of the government entity.
- The request must provide a service to the citizens of Iowa.
- The website/application must provide electronic access to government information or transactions whether federal, state or local.
- The government entity can outsource management of the website to a non-profit organization, but the entity is ultimately responsible for the information contained therein.
Application Process for IOWAccess Projects
All IOWAccess applications requests must be prepared and submitted through the State’s Iowa Grants System: Iowa Grants System. Please note all application must be received by the end of business on the last day of the calendar quarter. IOWAccess requests will be reviewed quarterly. All requests received by end of business on the last day of the calendar quarter will be reviewed by the Technology Executive Committee (TEC) within 30 days. Completed applications are forwarded within IowaGrants to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO makes the final determination for approval or disapproval, and the CIO may choose to fund the request in part or in whole. Notifications will be made as soon as possible after the decision.
For a complete description of the application process for IOWAccess projects, please review the IOWAccess Process information.