For questions about existing services or to request additional services, please contact your OCIO Technical Account Manager (TAM). If you do not have a TAM, send your request via email to OCIOBrokerage@iowa.gov.
What are direct services?
Direct services are those most efficiently provided through a centrally-managed resource in order to maximize efficiency and/or capture economies of scale.
What direct services does OCIO offer?
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides many technology services directly to Executive Branch agencies. OCIO direct services can be categorized as follows:
- Solution design, development and administration includes services such as application development, hosting, database and mainframe operations. It also includes website development, and support of solutions used across the State including the State's financial system (I/3) as well as cloud services such as SalesForce, ServiceNow and Google Apps for Government.
- Network administration includes network design, implementation and support required to ensure the OCIO data center is available 24/7.
- End user services includes general desktop support such as software installations, hardware break/fix support, printer support, mobile device management, and managing user accounts. The majority of these services are provided by the State of Iowa's Service Desk.
- Security services includes security awareness training and outreach, vulnerability management, intrusion detection, web application security scans, as well as governance, risk and compliance activities.
- Agency services Includes technology liaison services, business analysis, process improvement, planning, and coordination.
NOTE: AS OF OCTOBER 1, 2021 PRINT SERVICES HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES. QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PRINT SERVICES TRANSITION SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO email@example.com.
A comprehensive listing of these services as well as current rates is available in the eDAS system, please select the Office of the Chief Information Officer enterprise.
How are OCIO direct services billed?
Direct services are billed through the Iowa eDAS billing system. Charges are billed in arrears for the previous full month and are available for review in eDAS on the 10th of month.
Questions about your bill?
Please send an email to OCIOInvoices@iowa.gov and a member of our Business Services team will get back to you.