Empower Rural Iowa Broadband Grant Program Notice of Funding Availability #006
Date/Time: June 17, 2021, 2:00 PM CDT
Meeting Location: Virtual (Zoom)
Registration: Click here to register. The Office will e-mail you meeting instructions prior to the event.
The following information concerning OCIO Broadband Grant Program Notice of Funding Availability #006 can be found below:
- Program Design
- Schedule of Important Dates
- Program Documentation
- Broadband Map of Eligible Locations (Broadband Map V4)
The purpose of this NOFA is to solicit Applications from Communications Service Providers for Broadband Infrastructure Projects that will have the greatest overall effect of reducing or eliminating Unserved or Underserved Areas in the State through the installation of Broadband Infrastructure. This grant round is based on renewed Targeted Service Area determinations as will be published to an updated version of the Statewide Broadband Availability Map on July 1, 2021. These determinations and this map identify the geographic areas in the State of Iowa in which grant funds under this program are available.
For purposes of this NOFA and in accordance with Iowa Code ch. 8B, the funds available for Award under this NOFA is up to $97,500,000 and shall be distributed across the following categories:
- 80% to Projects that will Facilitate 100/100 Broadband or faster in Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 Targeted Service Areas, or 100/20 Broadband or faster in Tier 1 Targeted Service Areas.
- 20% to Projects that will Facilitate Broadband in Difficult to Serve Areas.
The Office is seeking Proposals from Responsible Applicants to provide Broadband to Targeted Service Areas in the State of Iowa at minimum speeds of 100/100 or 100/20, depending on Tier type.
The total amount of funds sought under this NOFA may not exceed:
- 75% of any Applicants Total Project Costs for the installation of 100/100 Broadband or faster within Tier 1 TSAs;
- 50% of any Applicants Total Project Costs for the installation of 100/100 Broadband or faster within Tier 2 TSAs;
- 35% of any Applicant’s Total Project Costs for the installation of 100/100 Broadband or faster within Tier 3 TSAs; or
- 50% of any Applicants Total Project Costs for the installation of 100/20 Broadband within Tier 1 TSAs.
Applications shall define a single Project proposing a buildout speed of 100/100 Broadband or faster or 100/20 Broadband or faster, but not both within the same Project.
Every Targeted Service Area is designated a tier type. The tier is determined by the existing speeds offered within the census block, and reflected on the Broadband Availability Map version 4. Each tier is defined as follows:
- “Tier 1” means a maximum download speed of less than 25 megabits per second and a maximum upload speed of less than three megabits per second.
- “Tier 2” means a minimum download speed of greater than or equal to 25 megabits per second but less than 50 megabits per second. No minimum upload speed is applicable for Tier 2.
- “Tier 3” means a minimum download speed of greater than or equal to 50 megabits per second but less than or equal to 80 megabits per second. No minimum upload speed is applicable for Tier 3.
Notice of Funding Availability #006 - Schedule of Important Dates
The timeline for Notice of Funding Availability #006 including steps and dates, are described below (all dates are subject to change):
Notice of Funding Availability #006 - Program Documentation
Information concerning the grant application process, including all application materials, agreements, and program information are provided below. All Applications to this NOFA are required to be submitted electronically through the Iowa Grants System, as part of Funding Opportunity #409811 - Empower Rural Iowa Broadband Program (NOFA #006).
- Exhibit A - Notice of Funding Availability
- Broadband Grants Core Application, including
- Exhibit B - Project Worksheet
- Exhibit C - Funding Sources Form
- Exhibit D - Budget Plan
- Exhibit D.1 - Outside TSA Infrastructure Worksheet
- Exhibit E - Grant Agreement
- Exhibit F - Certification, Authorization, and Release of Information
- Exhibit G - Request for Confidentiality - Form 22
- Exhibit H - Application Checklist
- Exhibit I - Iowa Grants Registration and Application Instructions
- Exhibit J - Project Selection and Data Export/Import Instructions (Coming Soon)
- NOFA #006 Grants Management Policies and Procedures Guide (Coming Soon)
Broadband Map of Eligible Locations (Broadband Map V4)
This NOFA will be based on State of Iowa Broadband Availability Map Version 4 (Broadband Map V4) which is currently under development. Broadband Map V4 will be published online here on July 1, 2021 at which time Applicants will be able to use the map to select Census Blocks and create the data sets necessary for completion of Applications to this NOFA.