Information Technology Procurement
Welcome to the State of Iowa Office of the Chief Information Officer, Business Services Division. Our mission is to facilitate the procurement of information technology goods and services in consultation with participating State of Iowa agencies and other governmental entities.
As of Wednesday, January 22, 2020 new OCIO administrative rules, that apply to all participating State of Iowa agencies as defined under Iowa Code Chapter 8B.1(12), will have taken effect.
IT PROCUREMENTS, IT PROJECTS, & IT OUTSOURCING
Rules related IT procurements, projects, and outsourcing (129--10 Procurement of Information Technology)
New IT procurement/ IT Project approval process ( Administrative Rule 129--10.7)
- Pursuant to this new rule, any IT procurements or IT projects that meet the following criteria should be forwarded to OCIO for review and approval:
- Costs $25,000 or more; or,
- Is projected to involve 750 agency staff hours or more; or,
- Involves substantial information-security concerns, including but not limited to the sensitivity or confidentiality of the data involved; the location of the system, data to be stored therein, or both; or the data involved is subject to state or federal regulatory requirements governing data security, confidentiality, or integrity; or,
- Involves significant compatibility, interoperability, or connectivity concerns.
If you have questions regarding the OCIO Information Technology procurement process, please contact us at OCIOprocurement@iowa.gov.