Notice of Funding Availability #003 - Federally-Funded Opportunity
NOTE: The Application Window Has Now Closed.
- By reducing or eliminating unserved Broadband Units in the State through the installation of Broadband Infrastructure that Facilitates Broadband service at or above 25/3 Broadband or 100/20 Broadband, as applicable (“Infrastructure Project(s)”).
- By providing broadband service subscription discounts to Non-Adopters to reduce barriers to adoption and encourage subscription to 25/3 Broadband or faster (“Adoption Projects”).
Information concerning the grant application process, including all application materials, agreements, and program information are provided below. All Applications to this NOFA are required to be submitted electronically through the Iowa Grants System, see Funding Opportunity #365549 - Empower Rural Iowa Emergency Broadband Expansion Program (NOFA #003).
- NOFA #003 - Notice of Intent To Award (NOIA)
- NOFA #003 - NOIA Amendment #1
- Addendum #2 to NOFA #003 - Broadband Grants Program - Scoring Rubric
- Addendum #1 to NOFA #003 - Broadband Grants Program
- Exhibit A - Notice of Funding Availability
- Broadband Grants Core Application, including:
- Exhibit B - Broadband Grants Program Infrastructure Worksheet
- Exhibit B.1 - Broadband Grants Program Adoption Worksheet
- Exhibit C - Broadband Grants Program Qualitative Attributes Form - Infrastructure Projects Only
- Exhibit C.1 - Broadband Grants Program Qualitative Attributes Form - Adoption Projects Only
- Exhibit D - Broadband Grants Program Budget Plan
- Exhibit E - Broadband Grants Program Grant Agreement, Including Federal Funding Provisions
- Exhibit F - Certification And Authorization to Release Information
- Exhibit G - Request for Confidentiality - Form 22
- Exhibit H - Application Checklist
- Exhibit I - Iowa Grants Registration Instructions
- Exhibit J - Iowa Grants Application Instruction Guidance
- Exhibit K - Broadband Block Selection and Export/Import Instructions
- Exhibit L - Prior Funding Statement
- NOFA #003 Grants Management Policies and Procedures Guide
The timeline for Notice of Funding Availability #003 is set forth below including steps and dates of each of the major element of the program.
The State of Iowa Broadband Availability Map v2, shown below, identifies the locations of United States Census Blocks in Iowa and the availability of broadband as of June 30, 2018. This is the map referenced and used for this Notice of Funding Availability (#003). Please carefully read changes for this federally-funded opportunity that make adjustments to how this map is used in NOFA #003. For purposes of this Program, whether a Census Block constitutes a Targeted Service Area does not impact the eligibility of the Census Block to receive or utilize incentives available through this Emergency Program, but instead will be used to prioritize Projects as part of the scoring process (see Exhibit A - Notice of Funding Availability #003, Section 1.2.11).