Provide client-centric information technology and business solutions to government and citizens through guidance, service delivery, and partnerships.
Enable the digital transformation of government through collaboration and innovation, to deliver citizen-centric solutions.
STRATEGIC PLAN* GOALS AND ACTION ITEMS
- Support and improve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of State of Iowa data.
- Modernize legacy technology to provide agile world-class services to Iowans.
- Expand and innovate technology services for communities, non-profits, schools and governments.
- Leverage and integrate State of Iowa data for better decision making and information sharing.
- Transform the citizen experience through innovative and intuitive technology.
- Develop a cybersecurity workforce
- Enhance communication to agencies and counties about cybersecurity events, incident responses and specialized training and awareness and improve collaboration
- Establish analytics and metrics
- Explore funding models
- Increase security awareness and training efforts
- Reduce exposure and risks by:
a) Conducting annual security risk assessments
b) Conduct supervised penetration system for agencies and political subdivisions
c) Perform annual simulation and recovery exercises
- Create a security standard for outsourced services
- Provide tools for prevention of threats
- Increase identification of cybersecurity threats
- Data Center Move
- Establish Cloud/Hybrid options
- Replace 20 year old financial and human resource system with more modern system (Workday)
- Implement Single Sign-On/Off
- Implement Managed Services offerings
- Evaluate and implement additional resourcing strategies to continue to build a highly skilled workforce
- Establish OCIO agency human resource infrastructure
- Establish workforce training program
- Develop mainframe exit strategy
- Develop partnership opportunities with Iowa technology start-ups and other Iowa based operations
- Prepare multi-year technology strategic plan
- Expand services to local government
- Expand service offerings
- Purchasing Portal
- Collaborate Oversite info technology
- IDALS/PC Compliance
- Establish Master Data Management (MDM) strategy
- Vendor Dashboard (ABD)
- Define key performance indicators and establish KPI dashboard
- Payment Portal
- Chat Bot
- Citizen Facing Websites
- Broadband Mapping
- Diversify Email platform
*This OCIO strategic plan was drafted in 2019. The OCIO staff is updating the plan in July 2020 and will add timelines and updated action plans.